Golden rules for business at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it cannot operate. We recommend staff work from home if they can.
- Businesses need to display a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system. We recommend you make sure that people either scan in or provide their contact details.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises — unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy or permitted health service.
- Your business legally must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up legally must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures legally must be maintained. Physical distancing, handwashing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers legally must stay home if they’re sick.
- Staff legally must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. We recommend other measures, such as PPE including face coverings, be used where appropriate.
- Different advice applies to essential healthcare workers, border agencies, courts and tribunal staff, first responders and corrections staff. You can get further advice from the Ministry of Health(external link).
- You legally must meet all other health and safety obligations.
Summit's Level 3 Covid-19 Management Plan
The goals of this document are to:
• Keep workers and the wider community healthy and safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
• Apply relevant guidance from the Ministry of Health and other Government.
• Encourage a safe and respectful work environment and good communication between all
• Sit alongside our usual health and safety controls to ensure workers are safe within our
manufacturing facilities and on site.
Our commitment as a company
• We are committed to working alongside the Government, our suppliers and our customers to
prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• As a company, we are united against COVID-19 and will do our utmost to protect our workers, the
wider community and New Zealand.
• We know that we’re in this together – this means trusting those we work with will keep us safe and
that we’ll do the same for them. We recognise that we must work together to ensure the health,
safety and wellbeing of everyone in the supply chain.
Return to Work
Summit Windows & Doors will shortly recommence manufacturing, site glazing and other associated
Our production will continue within the health and safety guidelines
We will have our workers to complete a mini-induction covering new processes, behaviours required, issuing PPE and training people in how to use it correctly.
Summit Windows & Doors external doors will remain closed, directing all essential external personnel with prior approval through to the main loading bay next to the production office. Visitor health declaration forms must then be completed and approved by management prior to site entry.
No friends, family or non-essential personnel are permitted onsite! The offices and factory will be closed to all nonessential people and if you need to collect anything from the factory you will be required to call the office prior to arrival.
All project managers and accounts staff will continue to work remotely from home and only access the offices in limited numbers if required.
All staff will complete daily health check questionnaires, and any staff member showing any sign of
feeling unwell will be sent home and seek the appropriate health care
Lead times at Level 3
Whilst we locked down the business with a reasonably up to date production schedule, a lot has
happened and there’s quite bit of uncertainty around requirements for forward work. We are however reasonably confident that many clients will return and want things to happen quickly. We would like to keep lead times at the same level as pre-lockdown however we would recommend you take a conservative approach and add 2-3 days to our standard lead-times for at least the first 3-4 weeks.
Like everyone we have a lot to do to preserve personal distancing and hygiene standards so that our manning levels and service remain stable. Our project managers and production team will stay in contact should any deviations from planned schedules arise.
Deliveries and Site Works
Deliveries, Site Glazing and other site works are our highest risk areas, so a task specific process for each of these which addresses this and what we will require from yourselves.
Our project managers and customer service staff will be calling you over the course of this week to
confirm the orders you currently have with us, your order status, your plans around coming back, and your availability to receive deliveries and have site glazing or other site works performed on your site(s).
To keep our drivers and our customers safe we are only allowing one person in a vehicle at any one time. We are also carrying out sanitisation of delivery vehicles after each customer visit and doing a deep clean at the end of day.
• Our production team will be in contact with you to arrange delivery and discuss any additional
site-specific protocols prior to the delivery.
• Please provide a dedicated drop-off zone at your site for our driver to remain within.
• If you have a register operating that you require our driver to sign and it is not in a contactless
format, we ask that you complete the register for our driver when they arrive and leave your
• Our driver will wear appropriate PPE and follow hygiene protocols
• Our driver will assist in untying the load and remain on the truck/trailer deck during unloading
of the joinery. It will be the client’s responsibility to unload all items as directed by the driver.
• Please aim to maintain a physical distance of 2 metres, and don’t get closer than 1 metre. We
do appreciate that sometimes you need to be closer than 2m for a period of time during the
unloading process, if this is going to be the case please ensure those carrying out the task wear
• Our drivers are keeping a log of people they come in contact with. Please give them your name
and contact number if they ask for it. This is important for traceability and increases your safety
and the safety of the people in your business.
Site Works Process (Site Glazing / Maintenance / Site Measures)
To keep our site staff and customers safe we are only allowing one person in a vehicle at any one
time unless this is unavoidable at which time appropriate Covid -19 PPE protocols are to be followed.
All vehicles used for site works will undergo sanitisation after each customer visit and doing a deep
clean at the end of day.
• A Summit Windows & Doors staff member will be in contact with you to arrange site work and
discuss any additional site-specific protocols prior to arriving on site.
• Please provide a dedicated zone at your site for our staff to set up (if required) ensuring that a
minimum 2m separation is maintained wherever possible. If 2m separation can not be
maintained please ensure that all people on site wear face masks.
• If you have a register operating that you require our staff to complete and it is not in a
contactless format, we ask that you complete the register for our staff when they arrive and
leave your site.
• Our staff will wear appropriate PPE and follow the Summit Windows & Doors and Client hygiene
• Summit Windows & Doors staff are keeping a log of all people they come in contact with. Please
give them your name and contact number if they ask for it. This is important for traceability and
increases your safety and the safety of the people on your site.
For receipt of inward goods, our priority will be to keep our staff and your delivery personnel safe. To ensure this, we will have a designated parking area for inwards goods trucks and Summit Windows & Doors we will carry out all unloading of delivery trucks safely. Any deliveries that require the use of a forklift will be completed by one or more of our staff, your drivers are not permitted to use our forklift or handle any of our tools or equipment due to the increased risk of contracting COVID-19.
A sign-in register will be operating for all personnel that enter our site, as the register is not in a
contactless format our staff will ask some simple questions to ensure contact traceability is obtained.